Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Just another blog entry.... October 2018

I moved to the United States of America in June of 2017 to pursue my Master's in Architectural Design and Research. I met all sorts of people and made all sorts of bad judgement calls. But turning 28 this week, I feel I am just not sorted when it comes to love. A friend recently said this to me,


"We are all irrational when it comes to love."
- Artika Aggarwal

There are all sorts of things that one comes across when addressing feelings and love. I know there are no right answers. There isn't a go-to manual to find solutions to the matters of love. 

I recently moved to the City of Indianapolis for work. I had a lot of very compelling reasons at the time. While my friends have always been my lifeline, it has been very difficult to find the right people at this age and time. Sometimes I wonder if I met my childhood friends now, will we still be friends.

Hence, I keep in touch with my old friends. Since I have the ability to face my fears and talk about them, I get all sorts of advice. No advise is incorrect. But no one can ever tell you what is right. You need to do what is right for you. After 27 years I still go out of my comfort zone to make others happy. I wish I would stop doing that with immediate affect and listen to myself more.

They say love is blind. I think what it really means is that people are stupid and since we can't take responsibility of our own actions we get blinded by love while calling love as blind. I have the tendency to get deeply involved when I care about people. I recognize this quality now and then, but I have hurt myself trying to come to this realization. That is one of the reasons why I try to mind my business and put on a poker face.

I don't have the answer for what works in love for me, however I have figured out the recipe for failure. Pinning your hopes and expectations on your partner is going to drown you. You should always be independent with your plans and aspirations. Never expect someone else to make you happy. They will always fail you. The sooner you understand this, the better off you are.

And, talk to your mom. It may feel overwhelming and sometimes intrusive, but talking to her is comforting (works for most women at least). I am the detached kind. But recently I have been putting conscious effort to talk to my mom and old friends. While not everything was successful, some of it was. 

We are alone in different corners of our planet. What keeps us together is efficient communication, respect and the power of apology. No wonder 'sorry' was invented. It does not undo anything, but it helps you move past your mistakes; and become a better person if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment